These are only 4 days left to take advantage of the Jessica London Veteran’s Day sale. Jessica London are taking 25% off all their clearance department items until this Thursday, 16th November! Whilst shopping you will need to enter promo code JLW3110 at checkout to take advantage of these great discounts.
Plus Size Clothing
Veteran's Day Bonus: 25% OFF all clearance at Jessica London
Christmas Holiday Savings on Plus Size Fashions at IGIGI
IGIGI are continuing to out out great offers and promotions for us to use, which enable plus size women worldwide to get their hands on some great and classy plus size clothes great for the Holiday season, whilst also saving money. IGIGI are now taking $10 OFF any purchase of $50 or more. Just use coupon code PARTY at checkout and you’re all set! This offer is valid until 31st December, 2006 – therefore you have until the end of the year to settle your Christmas shopping and use this great discount. Checkout IGIGI today.
Family & Friends Sale at Lane Byrant
This weekend Lane Bryant is holding it’s popular Family & Friends sale, where customers get the chance of saving 40% on their entire purchase at LaneBryant.com. This sale expires on Sunday 11th November and customers will need to use coupon code 000403788 at checkout to take advantage of these savings. Save 40% on your entire purchase at Lane Bryant’s Friends & Family Sale!
One Day Only 40% Off Sale at Catherine's
Tomorrow, 12th November, Catherines is holding a one day only Friends and Family Sale, where you will get a chance to grab great plus size fashion items at 40% off. No coupon code is required and you can save 40% on the entire stock of regular priced items. An extra 20% can be saved on clearance items. What a great day Catherines has in store for us indeed! Shop the Catherines Friend and Family sales tomorrow Sunday, 12th November, and remember to let all you family and friends know about it too!
OneStopPlus.com Just Launched
Redcats USA, the company operating renowned leaders in the plus size apparel market Woman Within, Roaman’s, Jessica London and KingSize, has today announced the launch of OneStopPlus.com, an online store which is set to become the first and only plus size fashion mall of its kind online.
Specializing in sizes 12W to 44W OneStopPlus.com looks like it’s going to combine the apparel and accessories available at Woman Within, Roaman’s, Jessica London and KingSize into one online fashion mall for anyone wearing plus sizes.
I like the concept of a one stop shopping mall, where anyone can find all the items already available at these four leading store under one ‘roof’. Taking a look around the website itself it is already evident that this is set to be a success with lots of options available, even a shoe shop including styles in sizes 6 yo 14 in M, W and WW.
I like the concept of OneStopPlus.com, I love anything that can save me time running around from store to store. Finding all under one roof will be heaven! I’m sure it is set to be a success. Visit OneStopPlus.com today and read more about the new store here.
Is Your Weight Holding Your Career Back?
An interesting article I am across online yesterday explores issues around a person’s weight, and how this can interfere with their career. The article describes how two different plus size women worked their way around the fact that their weight was indeed having an impact on their career; with one woman shedding pounds to get ahead and the other refusing to let the weight interfere.
It’s an interesting read and shows you how different people tackle these issue in a different and personal way, and a lot of it I think has much to do with working environment, and ultimately the way you feel with yourself. Although I have personally experienced weight discrimination on many occasions, I have been fortunate enough not to have experienced this on my place of work. That would really be distressing if it had to happen.
What about you? Have you had any experience with weight discrimination at the place of work?
Holiday Plus Size Clothing Store Guide
Shopping, for most women, is a relaxing and fun experience; something to look forward to greatly. However, shopping during the Christmas holiday season can be far from relaxing.
The people infested malls and stores might turn around the relaxing shopping spree altogether, make you feel uncomfortable and more stressed! The added pressure of needing to buy so many things in a short period of time definitely does not help and continue to add to the pressure.
During the Holidays, shopping around would be so much easier if everyone knew exactly where to go and which shop to visit, to find items needed. Going into a store with the assurance that the item you are looking for will surely be found, would make any stressed out shopper so much more relieved. How many hassles and headaches would be avoided!
In this article I attempt to relieve some of that tension, by guiding curvy women to the right plus size clothing stores. For easier reference, I have separated the suggested plus size clothing stores by type of person targeted and area of specialization.
- Torrid - Torrid has quickly, and rightly so, become one of the favorite plus size fashion stores among teens and the young at heart. Specializing in sizes 12 to 26, Torrid offer a very wide variety of fashion items, including accessories and footwear, which would appeal to any plus size teen who is looking for something fun, stylish and colorful. Here you can find clothing to suit any time of the day, from career wear, formal wear and casual items.
- Alight - Carrying plus size clothes in sizes 14 to 28, Alight is often termed as an online plus size shopping mall, and for a good reason too! Alight features a very extensive collection of fashion for full-figured ladies from a handful of different clothing lines and designers. This extensive choice ensures that teens will find what they need at Alight.
- Sydney’s Closet – I have said this before, and I still think that Sydney’s Closet is a plus size teen girl’s dream come true! Teens who are looking for a formal dress or ball gown for a special occasion, especially with the Holidays on the way, will find a wide variety of options at Sydney’s Closet.
Plus Size Career Woman
- Avenue - Avenue is without a doubt a familiar and dear name with all plus size ladies. A name that crops up in any plus size fashion search, Avenue offers great options for the busy curvy career women who always need to look their best. Whether it is shirts, skirts, blouses or suits that you are looking for Avenue is indeed a place to check out. Catering to sizes 14 to 32, Avenue also carries the CloudWalkers footwear line.
- Jessica London – Catering to sizes 14W to 32W Jessica London should become another go to spot for career women looking to update their wardrobe. Again Jessica London offers women a wide variety of options, including suits, skirts, blouses, jackets and even footwear. With prices to suit all pockets, and promotions going on frequently to help you save some dollars, Jessica London is another option which should not be overlooked.
- Lane Bryant – Another name which is very familiar with plus size women, Lane Bryant, is a great place to go to for formal and career wear. Quality, as well as reasonable prices, reigns highly at Lane Bryant, where the area of specialization is sizes 14 to 28.
- IGIGI - Any plus size woman who wants quality and stylish fashion, created to make her stand out from the crowd will fall in love with IGIGI. Catering to women who wear size 14 to 32 IGIGI carries a wide variety of items, all of which scream out style, and most of all class. If you’re looking for dresses, or skirts, or tops, or pants, check out IGIGI.
- Kiyonna – Sophisticated plus size fashions in sizes 12 and up are all you will find at Kiyonna, that is their area of specialization, and they pull it off well! Again, Kiyonna carry a wide variety of items which will help any curvy woman complete her wardrobe in style.
- Monif C – If you are looking for something classy, sophisticated and one of a kind, definitely check out the clothing offered by booming plus size fashion designer Monif C. Her items scream out style, are very colorful, and make the most of a woman’s curves.
Full Figured and Mature
- Catherine’s – Catering to sizes 16W to 34W Catherine’s is a sure winner for mature plus size ladies. Mature women are able to find at Catherine’s a multitude of clothing items available in plus sizes, including intimates and swim wear. Classic styles and impeccable quality will put Catherine’s in every mature woman’s good books.
- Ulla Popken – The clothes found at Ulla Popken epitomize quality and style for the mature plus size woman. An all rounded store which will help women fill up their wardrobe! The styles and designs offered will surely appeal to mature women who are looking for something special to wear.
- Zaftique - Zaftique offers a variety of quality plus size items in sizes 12 to 38. Again, Zaftique features a wide variety of items, including accessories and swim wear which appeal to the mature plus size woman.
The stores detailed above give you a very good round up of the best places to turn to during your Christmas holiday shopping spree. Knowing where to look, will help you greatly save time and find the items you need.
Plus Size Holiday Must Haves
Fear not if you are finding yourself in a dilemma, not knowing where to shop or what to wear for the upcoming Holiday season! Our contributing writer, and plus size fashionista, Janna Lutz brings us a very informative article entitled Lock and Load: Holiday Must Haves.
In this article Janna goes over the latest trends in the plus size fashion scene, giving us tips and recommendations on what to wear. Here’s a snippet of the article:
It is time to wave good-bye to ghost, goblins, and too much candy corn. The holiday season is fast approaching, and your closet needs to be spruced up for the coming festivities. Autumn is getting into her full swing, and she is not waiting around for you to decide if last year’s twin set will make it through another round. You need new clothes. Don’t try and fight the urge. You also need shoes, jewelry, accessories…the whole shebang. Nowadays, we plus size lovelies have many options of where to shop. There are also great online stores that offer top labels at not so top prices. If you want to try on your picks before purchasing, there are some amazing stores in your area that you can find flattering tops and bottoms to look your best this year.
Michael Kaplan, Founding Partner & CEO of Fashion To Figure Interviewed
This month Pasazz.net continues to meet and discover new people making the plus size clothing world an exciting and vibrant place for all of us.
This month in fact, we’ve met up with Michael Kaplan, who’s the founding partner and CEO of an exciting new plus size clothing store, Fashion To Figure. Michael is also the great grandson of plus size fashion pioneer Lane Bryant.
The interview has been published today, therefore be one of the first to read it! You can find it here.
For all you curious cats… here’s a snippet of what’s in the interview:
Pasazz: From a male’s point of view, what is your opinion of the plus size woman’s image as depicted (or perhaps not such much) in the media? Do you feel there is a lack of exposure of the curvy woman’s beauty in the media?
Michael: I think there has been a lot of progress over the last 5 years in increasing the profile of plus size women in the media. I still don’t think we have come far enough. Remember that I come from a family where my great grandmother had to fight for years just to run an advert in the New York Herald Tribune for the maternity clothing that she made. Our market has always been under-served and under-represented. That is part of the reason why there is so much excitement about FTF.
IGIGI Continues to add Plus Size Holiday Dresses
I have a feeling IGIGI will be a favorite store amoung plus size women all over the world this Christmas holiday season. The dress selection is a great one, and as noted previously in our Top 5 Plus Size Christmas Holiday Dresses – The Preview List, they already offer great dresses that full figured women can wear on special occasions this coming holiday season.
Continuing to widen our choices, IGIGI has added hot new dresses great for the holidays; dresses which will make any plus size woman feel glamorous and sexy.
Two new dresses I recommend taking a closer look at are the Tessa Velvet Gown and the Novella Gown (pictured on the right).
- Fit for a Queen the Tessa Velvet gown features seductive bare shoulders, which are adorned with bra-friendly straps (so convenient!). The highlight of this down is the neckline which showcases a unique hand-made crystal ornament… Simply beautiful! This dress is currently available in sizes 14 to 32.
- Taking a look now at the Novella Gown, what a gorgeous evening gown! A dress perfect to wear at a formal holiday event or party, to make a lasting impression! This plus size dress features asymmetrically draped bodice ruches at the side seam to conceal the tummy… What more could a girl want? Again IGIGI add elegance and sparkle to the dress with a sparkling removable pin. This dress is also currently available in sizes 14 to 32.
Take a look at these gowns, and many more, today at IGIGI.