Upstage Beauty Events (UBE) Presents Texas Plus-Size Diva™ (TPSD) Contest
The Texas Plus-Size Diva™ Contest is not just a beauty pageant for plus-size or full-figured women. It is an effort to reposition and rediscover the true beauty and positive image of the plus-size woman.
Because UBE understands the magnitude of the plus size audience and the importance of “image” in today’s society; they are currently sponsoring the Texas Plus Size Diva™ (TPSD) Contest. The Texas Plus-Size Diva™ Contest is not just a beauty pageant for plus-size or full-figured women. It is an effort to reposition and rediscover the true beauty and positive image of the plus-size woman. “Almost half the women in this country are size 12 or larger!” (Betsy Stark, ABC News).
During the last two months, UBE held casting sessions in four Texas cities; Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio, where promising plus-size models, ages 21 and up and sizes 8 and up, were given an opportunity to audition to compete in the “Texas Plus-Size Diva™ Contest.” For many of the models, this is the first time they are being celebrated for who they are.
For the first time, they don’t have to hide behind the pains of negative, stereotypical experiences. Taking this journey is just one way they chose to empower themselves.
Contestants chosen to compete will be judged on visual presentation, charisma, and poise by UBE’s expert panel of judges. The winner will receive various prizes valued at $2,000.00. Duties of the winner include serving as a mentor to several schools’ bullying program, participating in several charitable events, and will serve as UBE’s Top Plus-Size Model of the year.
Upstage Beauty Events (UBE) is a full service fashion events agency, specializing in upscale, full production fashion events for designers that cater to the “full-figured” woman. UBE’s objective is to improve the image, while increasing exposure to the plus-size, fashion-friendly industry. UBE garnered outstanding success in the San Antonio Texas area in January, with its first major event, “The Phantom of the Night” Plus-Size Fashion show
The “Texas Plus Size Diva™ Final Event” will be held at 7:30 p.m., on October 29, 2011, at Josephine Theater, 339 W. Josephine St., San Antonio, Texas 78212. Tickets are $10 for regular seats, and $15 dollars for VIP seats. They can be purchased the day of the event at the theater. For additional information email us at or call (405) 406-7615.Related Tags:
- plus size divas san antonio tx
Highlights of the Upcoming 2011 International Fuller Woman Expo
The 5th Annual International Fuller Woman Expo, the 3rd in the United States, will be held on September 10, 2011 at the Detroit Historical Museum in Downtown Detroit, Michigan.
The International Fuller Woman Expo features products, services and seminars that give plus size women a day of education, empowerment and enjoyment. As the largest international consumer event for plus size women, the Expo provides an excellent opportunity for businesses and organizations to target their core audience as well as reinforce their company’s image within the plus size community.
Returning this year is talk show host, comedian and actress Ms. Kim Coles as the keynote speaker. She is best known for her portrayal of Sinclair on the hit television show, “Living Single” , a role that garnered her 4 NAACP Image award nominations. Ms.Coles is the host of the popular game show “Pay it Forward” on BET, making her the 1st African American Woman to ever host a prime-time game show. Ms.Coles is also the co-host of “My Black is Beautiful”, a talk show that celebrates the diverse and unique qualities in African American women.
Highlights of the 2011 International Fuller Woman Expo Include:
- DeLores Pressley. The 2009 keynote speaker returns to Detroit, Michigan. She brings her impressive blend of personal and professional experience to her presentations that allow her to connect with her audience, inspiring and energizing them to take their confidence and success to the next level.
- Plus Modeling 101 with Jeannie Ferguson. As an aspiring model, you want to know all there is to know to make it in the industry. Learn the fundamentals from industry professionals such as Brand Management, challenges facing plus models today and how to overcome them, plus model etiquette, and more.
- Curvy Café. New this year is the “Curvy Café” where you can partake some great food in between all the networking and shopping.
- Curves in Motion Fashion Showcase. Join sponsors IGIGI by Yuliya Raquel and DailyVenusDiva.com in highlighting innovative, ready to wear fashions from around the world. The show presents a showcase exploding with entertainment and fashion for your curves!! This year’s show will present a special wedding segment for the curvy bride.
- The Evolution of the Revolution” panel discussion. Every year the Fuller Woman Expo discusses ways to elevate the plus community. This year’s topic is “Plus Positivity In A Negative Society”.
- Plus positive Vendors. Businesses that cater to the International Fuller Woman will be in attendance from across the country. They will be bringing with them products and services that cater to the plus size consumer from the inside, out.
Admission to the International Fuller Woman Expo is $10. This gives you access to the above highlights. To purchase tickets, to become a vendor or sponsor and for additional information visit www.thefullerwomanexpo.com.Related Tags:
- portland premier size positive
- international fuller woman expo
- 5th Annual Detroit Black Women\s Business Expo in Detroit
- women expo net 2011
- upcoming plus size fashion show 2011 in Chicago
- plus size fashion show in chicago
- games for plus size#sclient=psy-ab
- fuller woman expo
- fuller lady models
- full size lady convention detroit historical museum
The New Tyck: A Full-Figured Fashion Exhibition
Full-figured organization Thyck Troupe™, set to host its premier fashion event at Creative Lounge Chicago, inspired by Toyota, showcasing innovative plus size designers.
Creative Lounge Chicago, Kokoro Creative and Talent Forum of Libertyville proudly present “The New Tyck: A Full-Figured Fashion Exhibition”.
“The New Tyck” will debut at Creative Lounge Chicago, on Thursday 28th April, 2011 beginning at 6:30pm with a welcome reception, and a 7:15pm show time. Creative Lounge Chicago is located at 1564 N. Damen Ave, 3rd Floor Gallery, Chicago, IL 60618. For tickets and sponsorship information, call 847.582.0555 or visit newthyck.eventbrite.com.
The exhibition’s theme, “The New Tyck” emphasizes originality, boldness, creativity and harmony in the world of full-figured fashion.
As presenting sponsor, Kokoro Creative is collaborating with the ThYck Troupe Organization in providing the creative lounge CHICAGO as a contemporary venue showcasing innovation in the diversity and style of full-figured fashion.
Featured designers include Coldwater Creek, Shavonne Dorsey Designs, Courbes Sera, Crescendo Apparel, J-Na Custom Designs, Just Human, Deztinni, SoundChick Accessories, Butterfly Kiss Lingerie, Chinoo Designs, Her Panache and Chocolate Sushi Couture.
“This will be a very powerful exhibition,” says Tressa Thomas, Founder & Artistic Director of ThYck Troupe Organization, NFP. “Our focus is real women, from all walks of life, showcasing collections from a variety of esteemed Chicago designers. With full-figured fashion increasing in necessity and demand within the worldwide fashion community, ThYck Troupe aims to highlight the incredible talent of plus-size designers and the diverse demographic of women that support it,” Tressa continues.
For more information regarding this exciting exhibition and the ThYck Troupe™ Organization, visit www.thycktroupe.com – or – call 847.582.0555.
For tickets, visit: newthyck.eventbrite.com. Tickets are limited!
About the ThYck Troupe Organization, NFP
ThYck Troupe™ is a non-profit organization founded in 2009, dedicated to the empowerment and success of full-figured women of all ages, ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds pursuing careers in entertainment and seeking training & development for modeling, acting, singing, directing, writing, and producing.
About Creative Lounge Chicago, inspired by Toyota™
Part of the TOYOTA Creative Global Network, the Creative Lounge Chicago evolved from the TOYOTA collaboration with the Chicago fashion world. The lounge promises to be a space that facilitates the interaction between TOYOTA engineers and public opinion leaders, personalities, creative spirits and artists brought together to foment ideas for the betterment of the society of tomorrow.
- CHICAGO PNG
- lounge chicago
- cold water creekblack dresses for full figure
- designers of fuller figure clothes in nc j
- full figure orgaization
- full figured disco costume
- innovative clothing for the larger figure
- with a full figure