An interesting article I am across online yesterday explores issues around a person’s weight, and how this can interfere with their career. The article describes how two different plus size women worked their way around the fact that their weight was indeed having an impact on their career; with one woman shedding pounds to get ahead and the other refusing to let the weight interfere.
It’s an interesting read and shows you how different people tackle these issue in a different and personal way, and a lot of it I think has much to do with working environment, and ultimately the way you feel with yourself. Although I have personally experienced weight discrimination on many occasions, I have been fortunate enough not to have experienced this on my place of work. That would really be distressing if it had to happen.
What about you? Have you had any experience with weight discrimination at the place of work?
- Being Plus Size and Pregnant
- Holiday Plus Size Clothing Store Guide
- Wow! We're hitting the big news…
- Flattering your curves this summer
- How to wear black
Subscribe to Plus Size Clothing Scoop
Never miss another sale and stay up to date with the latest plus size fashion trends!
1. You can subscribe to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.
2. Or, you can subscribe via email below, to start receiving updates straight in your inbox: