Talk about improvisation and creativity! See how this curvy blogger from ‘Frocks and Frou Frou’ customized a dress she received from Dorothy Perking, to add a bit more zing to it. Gives a lot of food for though; when receiving an ordered item and it isn’t really what you expect, try and thing of way how you can make it wearable!
- 1K Giveaway: LucieLu Gift Cards for Facebook Fans!
LucieLu is giving away two $50 gift cards at The Big Girl Blog. Find out how you can participate, for a chance to win.
- Kylanita and Co Dans Glamour !
This is Kylanita’s blog, one of the fatshionistas featured in the June issue of French Glamour magazine. Check out her gorgeousness and super style.
- Casual day in the city
I am loving Jessica’s accessories in her latest post, from her new blog. Love the mix of gorgeous shoes, funky ring, and a necklace with a touch of chic pearls. She is definitely rocking it!
Posts Tagged ‘Plus Size Clothing’
My Plus Size Clothing Picks – May 12, 2010
My Plus Size Clothing Picks – May 11, 2010
- Hats, Hats, Hats
Are you into hats? I didn’t think I was, but after seeing this gorgeous collection of very chic and unique hats, I think I might be a hat girl!
- *Plus size* models protest Australian *Fashion* Week «
An issue which has cropped up in many articles today is the fact that Australia’s Fashion Week was not that plus size friendly, and with reason plus size models complained and protested.
- Is Hollywood really ready for a *plus size* leading lady?
Interesting article from Alaina L. Lewis who explores the issue of full figured models, and their acceptance in Hollywood. Among many actresses she highlights Queen Latfiah’s career and new movie ‘Just Wright’ which will open in theaters this Friday.
My Plus Size Clothing Picks – May 10, 2010
- Plain Jane?
May 10, 2010
– Gabi of 'Young, Fat, & Fabulous' describes this outfit at plain… and I seriously have to disagree! I describe it as tres chic! Love the blazer and the acid wash jeans.
- *Plus*-*Size* WOMEN Featured In June's Glamour (PHOTOS)
May 10, 2010
– The June issue of French Glamour features real plus size women, not models. Women like you and me, and they look gorgeous. Finally, more real women being represented in fashion magazines. Well done Glamour! Merci indeed!
- The man who champions curvy models
May 10, 2010
– Times Online carries an article about Gary Dakin, the man who runs the plus-size division of Ford Models, and who has been working to give plus size beauty the exposure it needs.
- Beyond Runway
May 10, 2010
– This week the Columbia Tribune has carried an article featuring Qristyl Frazier, the creator of ‘Project Runway’ and plus size fashion designer. She talks about what it means for her to have been named the Best Plus Designer for the Full Figured Fashion Week Industry Awards, as well as talks about the future in her career.
Stunning Plus Size Halter Dress
Today we are taking a look at a stunning plus size halter dress, which is also available at a great price at SWAK Designs.
The Charlotte halter dress is comfortable, elegant, and sexy both on the dance floor and off! Stretchy polyester and spandex hug your curves in all the right places. This hot little number is definitely en fuego!
This dress is available in eggplant, brown, and black, to suit all tastes and needs. It’s available in sizes 1X (14/16) to 6X (34/36) at only $42.99. Get yours today!
Remember that at SWAK Designs you save all shipping costs! They offer free shipping in all orders worldwide via standard USPS (no minimum order). It really cannot get better than this.
Top 5 Curvy Winter Wardrobe Essentials
Cozy up in style this winter, with some of Torrid’s plus size winter essentials. This month Torrid have added a great selection of plus size sweaters and cardigans to their collection, below are my favorite five pieces.
1. Grey Striped V-Neck Sweater
Priced at : $38.00
You’re ready for whatever the day has in store for you in this rugby-inspired sweater. It featured light and dark grey stripes, a V-neck and ribbed trim on the neck, cuffs and hem. A great little piece!
2. Purple, Blue, Green, Grey and Ivory Striped Deep V-Neck Sweater
Priced at: $38.00
This is the ultimate plus size casual winter basic. This sweater features a deep V-neckline with ribbed trim, wide ribbed hem and cuffs. Pair it up with your favorite pair of jeans or black pants, and you’re all st for a casual winter afternoon.
3. Red Cowl Neck Kimono Sleeve Sweater
Priced at: $38.00
Sweaters do not need to be boring, and plain. They can definitely be as stylish as you are, and this little red piece from Torrid surely fits the bills. It comes in a very flattering cowl neck, short kimono sleeves and a ribbed waist. Make a statement in this bold winter piece.
4. Gold Lurex Elbow-Sleeved V-Neck Tunic Sweater
Priced at: $48.00
If you want to add a touch of luxury to your winter days, then have a look at this unique plus size sweater which features sparkly gold lurex. It comes with a ribbed trim on a V-neckline, elbow sleeves and wide hem. It can easily take your from day to night in a snap.
5. Charcoal Textured Buttonless Cardigan
Priced at: $44.00
One of my definite favorites this season! This textured knit short-sleeved buttonless cardigan is a very versatile piece. It can be matched up with a simple top for the daytime, and even a day at the office. Though it can also be a winner with an evening outfit if matched up with stylish accessories. This curvy cardigan features a gathered empire waist and banded trim.
Monif C and IGIGI on NBC's Today Show
OneStopPlus Editor's Picks
Wear now, Wear later…wow now, wow later. These picks from the OneStopPlus fashion Editor are all timeless looks.
1. Wraps - an exclusive collection at OneStopPlus
Natalie Wrap Dress
Get fashion’s hottest wrap look without the ‘opening’ issue with this flattering faux-wrap silhouette from Avenue’s® exclusive Soft Collection.
2. Prints - functional and very chic
Animal Wrap Print
Keep away the chill in this stylish and functional wrap with chic animal print.
3. Chiffon - gorgeous and flowing
Flutter Sleeve Gown
This chiffon dress could be called the “Flirter” or flutter with its feminine, flowing movement. The sleeves give just enough coverage and the rhinestone pin at the waist gives great curves.
Walk On the Wild Side with Kiyonna
Twilight at Torrid
This week Torrid has added a selection of Twilight items to their inventory, so if you’ve been looking for Twilight items in plus sizes, today is your lucky day!
Twilight’s motion picture premiers on November 21st, 2008. So don’t miss out, get yours today before they run out.
Gorgeous Tropical Brights for a Limited Time at Kiyonna
Kiyonna has introduced a new collection, called Island Fever, which will be available for only a limited time. And you’ll want to pick up a thing or two while you can, because this collection is just too gorgeous to miss out on. What makes it stand out? Well, it’s full of pretty, feminine shapes, soft and light fabrics, and cheerful summer colors. I’d be happy to wear any of the items in the collection, but… the first thing on my “I must buy or I’ll die” list is the Delaney Dress. With a fun, summery pattern and a sexy waist-cinching tie-belt, it’s too pretty to be believed.
Also, remember to check out Kiyonna’s deal of the week. Every week they have a new item marked down… but after the week is over, back up it goes.