According to Post-Gazette writer, LaMont Jones, the skinny pants which were so popular during the summer months, are now losing their appeal and are being taken over by the ever favorite wide-leg trousers.
T.J. Maxx Fashion spokewoman, Laura McDowell said of this type of trousers: "They are very, very fashionable and they are very figure-flattering and forgiving. They provide a very nice line in a pleasing silhouette for all figure types. Women are rejoicing!"
Some women might thing wide leg trousers might make them look bigger due to more fabric being there, which continues to add to the width. But this is a preconception which should be forgotten altogether as wide leg pants flatter any type of figure.
Here are some tips for plus size women to make sure they chose the right wide leg pants:
- If you have ample hips, make sure that the trousers do not start getting wide at the hips.
- If you are quite tall, go for a longer top that hangs to just below the buttocks when wearing wide leg trousers, as this helps balance proportions. Adding a belt to this look is another nice touch.
- If you are thick waisted, go for trousers with a drawstring waist to eliminate the extra girth added by a belt.
- Wide leg pants look best in high heels, so do not be afraid to wear them. However the trousers should never drag to the ground, and should have a narrower top to provide visual balance.
- Wear tops and blouses that fit close to the body, and if you prefer, tuck in the top.
So do not forget the wide leg pants this season. They are a hot items this fall and create a great modern look!