The holiday season is now in full swing, so I wanted to take a moment and have a closer look at the holiday plus size dresses made available to us this year by our favorite curve loving stores.
This top 10 list includes some stunning dresses made for the full figured woman to wear during the Christmas holiday season. Let me not babble too much, but leave you to enjoy the stylish dresses in our list below.
1. Magdalena Asymmetrical Jeweled Gown in Verdant Green by IGIGI
This gorgeous piece from IGIGI is in my opinion this year’s all round winner. It’s a unique and yet timeless piece which combines a stunning asymmetrical design with ageless, royal jewels. The dress feature an extremely sexy cut, as the asymmetrical design exposes one shoulder. The ruched bodice creates a slimmer waistline, whilst the exclusive hand beaded jeweled inset adds a touch of royal glamor. Perfect for a gala evening during New Year’s Eve. Available in sizes 12 to 32.
2. Starlet Halter Dress from Avenue
This beautiful red mesh halter dress is a very sexy and yet elegant choice. It comes with an adjustable tie halter, to ensure a perfect fit. The empire waist with pleated satin cumberbund is perfect for the plus sized figure, as it hugs the tummy. I am so sure wearing this dress would be so much fun! Why? I can just imagine myself wearing it at a party, dancing the night away, with the gorgeous flowing skirt following my every move. It has quite a vintage feel to it as well I think! Anyway, this is definitely one of my favorites. Colorful, and striking. Comes in sizes 14 to 24.
3. Black Chiffon Tiered Tube Dress from Torrid
Create an effortless elegant look with this chiffon dress, which features three ruffled tiers and a gathered satin elastic empire waist. The elastic bust adds comfort, whilst ensuring the chest is well supported. What a gorgeous piece, perfect for a holiday party. Match it up with some classic pearl accessories and black pumps to create a very elegant look. Otherwise you can play this dress up with pairing it up with striking colored pumps, and matching accessories. Think pink or red, or blue! Available in sizes 0 to 4 (10/12 to 26/28).
4. Cecille Asymmetrical Lace Dress in Black/Gold from IGIGI
Another one of my favorites this year. If you are a chic curvy fashionista, this one must be your choice. IGIGI always manage to create some exclusive designer dresses, and this lace dress is nothing short of impression. It features an elaborate floral lace, which is accentuated with metallic flakes of gold. This intricately designed dress with an elegant, asymmetrical neckline has definitely been created for the sophisticated woman radiating that extra edge of modern appeal. Available in sizes 12 to 32.
5. Women’s Plus Flutter-Sleeve Dresses in Monaco Plum from Old Navy
One of the season’s best party dresses is this sumptuously silky dress, featuring fabulously feminine flutter sleeves and a tie-sash that makes it a cinch for glamorous gatherings. The gorgeous Monaco Plum color is a refreshing change from the usual holiday colors we see. This dress is available in sizes 1X to 4X.
6. Flaunt Cocktail Dress from Kiyonna
This curve hugging dress makes a lasting impression from both front and back views! Make an exit that will leave them talking, with the bra-friendly plunging scoop open back designed to show off all of your best assets. Again this dress featured ruching, which is so beneficial for plus size women, as it is a detail which helps create more of a waistline. Available in sizes 0X to 5X (10/12 to 30/32).
7. Tile Accent Dress from Avenue
The shiny tile details are what make this chic knit dress, glamorous. It comed in comfy 3/4 length sleeves and a scoop neckline. The stylish tile accents are placed on the neckline, hem, and sleeves. Available in sizes 14 to 32, I think this is another true winner, a dress which can easily take you from the holiday party to a romantic night out any other time of the wear. So if you’re looking for convenience and re-usability, this is it.
8. Teal Twist Bust Banded Bottom Dress from Torrid
This gorgeous striking dress is a Torrid.com online exclusive! So you are sure to be unique, and stand out of the crowd when wearing this silky knit dress. It features a twist detail bust, gathered shoulder straps and a banded hem. The empire waist with back pleat detail is perfect for hiding those imperfect areas, and creating a flattering silhouette. I think this dress is perfect for the young plus size ladies, looking for that perfect dress to celebrate New Year’s Eve with friends. Available in sizes 0 to 4 (10/12 to 26/28).
9. Lucia Jeweled Empire-Waist Dress in Verdant Green from IGIGI
IGIGI this year has managed to get 3 beautiful dresses included in our top 10 plus size holiday dresses list. With reason of course! All thee dresses give big beautiful women the change to wear something stylish, and exclusive. If you want to treat yourself to some glitter, then choose the Lucia Jeweled Empire-Waist Dress to celebrate the holidays this year in the season’s hottest jeweled look. This dress is completely versatile as it can be worn both on or off-shoulder. The draped bodice and empire waistline create a flattering look, whilst the hand-beaded jeweled belt is also removable, in case you prefer not to wear it. This dress is available in sizes 12 to 32.
10. Tie-Back Chiffon Dress from Jessica London
A stunning flowing crinkled chiffon dress perfect for the holiday season, in this deep red shade. The dress features a crisscross empire waist line which helps create a slimming effect, and also comes with an adjustable tie back for ultimate figure flattery. Perfect for Christmas Eve, or New Year’s Eve events. Available in sizes 18W to 24W.
This holiday season there are a lot of plus size dresses to choose from, which would make the perfect holiday dress. Whether it’s a party you are going to, an office do, or you’re planning just a New Year’s Eve night out with friends, make it special this holiday season by finding a brand new figure flattering dress.
Today we’re taking a look at the finest 5 plus size holiday dresses available at Torrid. Their selection includes a much larger choice, however here are our recommended choices.
1. Purple Satin Beaded-Neck Sleeveless Dress
Such a perfect holiday dress. Both cute, elegant and so very stylish. Look super-deluxe without even trying in this sumptuous satin dress, which comes in a gorgeous colors, with shiny black beads on its pintucked scoop neck. The ruched band detail above hem is very original and flattering, letting you make the most of your sexy legs.
2. Black Satin Tuxedo Halter Dress
An elegant, and yet unique dress at the same time. This super sleek satin halter plus size dress has a daring collared neck. It features a covered-button front, two pockets and comes with a matching belt. Match it up with a pair of striking red pumps, a matching red clutch bag and you’re all set to rock the scene this Christmas season.
3. Black Mock-Neck Ruched Dress
Now this isn’t your usual ‘little black dress’. It’s a black dress with attitude! This very sexy slinky black knit dress features a ruched mock neck, short pintucked sleeves, a ruched seam down the center back and a very flattering ruched drape detail down the left hip. If you want to make a lasting impression this holiday season, this might be your winner.
4. Blue Watercolor Leather Trim Maxi Dress
If you want to make a statement in something more colorful this season, then have a look at this feminine but funky satin maxi dress, which comes in a watercolor print in blue, purple, yellow and green. The black faux leather straps give it that ‘different’ feel, and the empire waistline ensures your curves are flattering. Definitely a great choice for the extra special night out.
5. Black Zigzag Sweater Dress
If you would rather go for something a bit more cozy and comfy this holiday season, then this might be the right choice for you. This gorgeous sweater dress features a flattering V-neck, three-quarter sleeves, and a zizag pointelle knit in blue, purple, grey and white. Very stylish, trendy and cute.
So there you have it! These are our favorite 5 plus size holiday dresses available from Torrid this Christmas season. As I already said, Torrid have many more dresses available in their collection this season, so do check them out to view the entire collection, and take your pick.
Torrid has launched an After Thanksgiving sale! Get $25 off every $75 you spend (up to $300), though this sale is running for 12 hours only. So the keyword here is: hurry!
So with this sale you will get:
- $25 off $75
- $50 off $150
- $75 off $225
- $100 off $00
This sale is running today from 12:00am until 12:00pm.
So loads of savings to be made at Torrid.com!
Remember girls, IGIGI is running a fabulous Thanksgiving sale, where you can save as much as 80% off the entire store. This sale runs through December 1st, 2008 and no coupon code is needed for the discounts to be applied.
Plus make some additional savings on shipping worldwide:
- Free shipping on continental US orders of $150+
- $15 off international orders of $150+
- $15 off Hawaii and Alaska orders of $150+
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday just around the corner, one of the most anticipated holiday shopping weekends of the year, I thought it would be best to update you all in advance on the sales which will be going on this weekend at our favorite plus size clothing stores.
Some sales have already started. Some sales will start on Friday. All the details you need to know are below. There is so much going on this weekend, so read well through the information I’ve provided below to make sure you take advantage of the best sales around.
- To celebrate Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Kiyonna.com is now offering a 50% off coupon on their already reduced sale section with coupon code: 50BLACK. Make sure to take advantage of this great deal before it expires on December 2, 2008.
- They are also running an exclusive 30% Off store-wide sale from November 28 until December 1, 2008, You must use coupon code Turkey08 at checkout for your discount to be applied!
- Now through Sunday November 30, enjoy 50% off all clearance items!
- Plus also enjoy the “Shop Early” Holiday sale, which features tees at only $9.99, sweaters at $19.99, $5 off all handbags and much more. Visit Torrid for all the details.
- Save up to 80% at IGIGI’s Black Friday to Cyber Monday sale. Everything will be reduced! Sale starts November 28, and ends December 1, 2008 at midnight!
- Also, get FREE Continental US ground shipping on orders $150+ (Starts November 28, and ends December 31, 2008).
- $15 off international shipping on orders $150+ (Starts November 28, and ends December 31, 2008).
- $15 off orders $150+ to Alaska and Hawaii (Starts November 28, and ends December 31, 2008).
- From Black Friday November 28, through Cyber Monday December 1, SWAK Designs will be offering a 15% discount on all purchases. Just shop at SWAK and use coupon code BFCM15 when checking out. It’s as simple as that! Also note that SWAK Designs currently also have a Free Standard Shipping offer running and will continue indefinitely (no coupon code required!), so you get a discount, and free shipping! Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.
- Two great offers available here, this are the details: 10% off any purchase using coupon code 10OFF and free ground shipping on any order using code FREEGROUNDSHIP.
3 coupon codes for you to use, and they won’t expire until November 30, 2008:
- Save 10% on any order of $50 or 15% on $100 with code 776236606.
- Free Shipping on orders of $75 or more, use code 776236507.
- Save $10 on $50, $15 on $75, or $20 on $100 with code 776236705.
Catherines have launched 3 new coupon codes, just in time for the holiday shopping season, won’t expire until January 27, 2009!
- 10% off (no minimum) with code 776902207.
- $15 off on $100 or more, use code 776902306.
- Free Shipping on $100 or more with code 776902405.
- Get free shipping in any order of $75 or more, no coupon code is needed! Plus, save 20% on any order over $100, just by using coupon code Flawless20. Hurry and make use of these great offers today.
- Get 30% off selected plus size styles, 25% off selected plus size tees, and also $25 off select handbags. No coupon codes needed to take advantage of the discounted prices, Some gorgeous and exclusive styles to choose from. Shop today!
- Save $20 on your $100 order at Avenue.com! This promotion runs through Monday, December 1, 2008. So hurry and shop today.
- $15 Sweater Sale November 26 until December 3, 2008.
- Take 20% off any order of $100 or more, simply use code AFF8PC29 at checkout. This offer runs through November 30, 2008.
- Shop at Jessica London now until December 1, 2008 and get 40% off the highest priced item on your shopping list. Use coupon code JLW4993.
- T-Shirt Offer: Any order over $149 will receive a free Donna Vinci t-shirt, no code necessary!
- 5 Suit Pack: 5 different suits from the unique collections of award winning designers Lisa Rene, Donna Vinci, DVC Exclusive, and Dorinda Clark Coleworth worth a total of $1,749, available for just $449.
- 10 Hat Pack: 10 gorgeous special occasion hats worth a total of $1,590, available for just $399. (All above promotions are good through December 31, 2008.)
- For Thanksgiving Weekend: (valid November 25 to 30 2008): 25% off your $100 purchase. Just enter code GOBBLE8 during checkout.
- And for Cyber Monday: (valid December 1, 2008): 25% off ALL merchandise - no coupon required, plus as a bonus they are also throwing in an added bonus! Get FREE shipping during lunch, so if you shop from 11am to 5pm EST and 8am to 2pm PST. Just enter code CYBERSHIP8 during checkout to redeem free shipping. Remember: No coupon is required for the 25% discount on merchandise, but to receive free shipping you must enter code CYBERSHIP8 during checkout.
JMS.com, which specializes in plus size apparel (14W - 32W) has launched the following promotions for Thanksgiving weekend:
- Casual wear - Buy 1 get 1 50% Off: Select fashions are now on sale at JustMySize! When you purchase one item, you get your second item (of equal or lesser value) at 50% off!
- JustMySize Minimizer Sale - 20% Off: Hurry! JustMySize are having a fantastic Minimizer Bra sale. Minimizer Bras shape and slim your bust, so your clothes fit better than ever. Choose the style that best compliments you, at 20% off!
- Hanes & JustMySize Hosiery - Up to 40% Off: Hanes and JustMySize Hosiery is now up to 40% off!
Curvaceous Chic Woman
- Just in time for Black Friday madness, Curvaceous Chic are going all out by running a clearance sale! A lot of great styles have been discounted, with some savings reaching up to 60%! But that’s not all. They’re also offering free domestic shipping on orders of $50 and up, simply use coupon code shipping10 at checkout.
To give thank to their curvy customers, Monif C have launched some fantastic coupons for us to use, until December 1, 2008. Here are the details:
- Spend $200 and get $40 off with code THANKS200
- Spend $300 and get $60 off with code THANKS300
- Spend $400 and get $80 off with code THANKS400
- Liz Claiborne have launched their Friends and Family sale! Now through December 1, take 40% off everything when you use code GIVE40 at checkout.
- Plus, don’t miss out on the Holiday Clearance Event where you can take up to 80% off clearance items while supplies last! And, shipping is free with orders of $125 or more.
I am sure that even more sales will be announced at the last minute, from even more stores, but rest assured this post will be kept updated with the latest information to keep you all informed. Do enjoy shopping this Thanksgiving weekend, it is a great time to kick start your holiday shopping, and get all the items you need at greatly discounted prices.
Have you heard? IGIGI are offering free shipping until November 27, 2008. Here are the complete details:
- For continental US, get free shipping on orders of $175+
- For international, receive $15 off orders or $175 or more
- For Hawaii and Alaska, receive $15 off orders or $150 or more.
Visit IGIGI for more details and to shop their great holiday fashions.
Thanksgiving day is fast approaching, and therefore everyone seems to be getting in the Holiday season mood slowly but surely. Unfortunately things seems a bit dreary this year, especially compared to past year. With the economic downturn, which is definitely effecting everyone, things do not look as bright for most folks.
However it’s good for us to take some time out and enjoy these special times with our family, friends and loved ones. Time like these, when everyone gets together help make us stronger and have a more positive outlook on life.
If you’re worried about not being able to handle Christmas shopping and buying the different holiday gifts this year, then take our advice and wait until next week, when the day after Thanksgiving comes along and the holday shopping season really starts with a bang.
The day after Thanksgiving, which is more commonly known as Black Friday is a day characterized by massive sales and discounts in major stores. So it is a perfect time for you to get your shopping done, and gift all settled, whilst savings money. But that is not your only chance to save!
The sales which kick off on Black Friday usually run throughout the whole weekend, so you do have some time to shop around and compare prices. More importantly wait for Cyber Monday to come along, which falls on the Monday straight after Thanksgiving, and which is also characterized by more sales and discounts being offered.
Sounds like sale heaven doesn’t it? If you’re thinking this is the perfect time to shop around, and are planning to head on to your favorite mall to shop and takje advantage of the sales, then brace yourself for crowds and queues. These days are infamous for very large shopping crowds, so unless you want to battle the crowds, read on and consider our advise.
It might sound obvious. To some it might sound a little impersonal. To us it sounds logical and so convenient. Think about it this way: you do not have to battle through any crowds; you do not have to wait in any lines; you do not have to fight for the last remaining items on a shelf; you do not have to carry hefty shopping bags around all day; you do not have to rush at making your purchase decisions. Opting to shop online will give you the comfort to shop around more than one store to compare prices, without having to actually visit all the stores. You still get to benefit from the sales, plus you get the comfort of home delivery.
Benefit from Online Offers
Besides offering the regular Black Friday sales, many stores online actually opt to offer extra and exclusive online offers. So you will probably end up saving even more by shopping online for your gifts and needs.
You’re probably wondering, but how am I going to know about all the sales going on? Well the first thing you have to do is, visit the stores you have in mind on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and any offers will clearly be displayed on the website.
However if you do not have any particular store in mind, then do not worry. Check back at this plus size clothing blog on Thanksgiving day, and all throughout Thanksgiving weekend, as we will be updating you with everything you need to know about the sales going on at our favorite plus size clothing stores.
Year after year our favorite stores have launched some great offers for you to take advantage of, and I am sure this year will be no exception. So if you’re planning to do some Christmas shopping, wait until next week and shop around for your fashion needs and gifts on Black Friday and Cyber Monday!
It’s time to celebrate the holiday season and for many people this means a whirlwind of parties and social events. You want to look your best at these affairs which means knowing what to wear. Sometimes wearing the most trendy, eye catching outfit in your closet isn’t the best move. Here are holiday party fashion mistakes many women make:
1. Holiday Party Fashion Mistake: Overdressing
This is a very common fashion faux pas. Instead of being understatedly elegant, some women pull out all the stops for a party by wearing the most flamboyant outfit in their closet. You don’t want to look conspicuous by being the most overdressed person at the party. When in doubt, opt for a stylish black suit or a black or neutral shade of dress and keep some glitzy accessories in your pocketbook you can put on at a moment’s notice. It’s generally more tasteful to be a bit understated.
2. Holiday Party Fashion Mistake: Dressing uncomfortably
Some parties are going to active with lots of lively music and dancing. If you’re wearing six inch stiletto heels with a narrow pointed toe which you can barely walk in, you’re not going to be able to dance or enjoy the party. You may end up spending the evening on the sidelines nursing your aching feet. Of course you want to look stylish but opt for clothes and shoes that at least allow you to participate in the activities.
3. Holiday Party Fashion Mistake: Revealing too much skin
Particularly at an office or work related party, you don’t want to reveal your hidden assets. This is not the time to pull that bustier that’s been gathering dust in the back of your closet out to wear to your company party. Neither is it the time for your micro miniskirt with the fishnet stockings and six inch heels. You’ll attract more positive attention and draw more compliments if you’re tastefully clothed in more elegant party attire.
4. Holiday Party Fashion Mistake: Overplaying the glitz
Some women use a party as an excuse to pull out their sequined dresses and metallic pants. While a bit of glitter and glitz has its place, too much can be overwhelming. When you combine a glitzy outfit with large, shiny accessories and heavy party makeup, you can end up creating an impression you don’t want to make. Try the more tasteful approach of dressing simply and adding glitz with your accessory choices. A dramatic crystal necklace and eye catching earrings can add drama to even the simplest of dresses.
By choosing your holiday fashion attire appropriately, you’ll create a positive impression with your friends and coworkers and can still enjoy all of the fun holiday events.
Last week we took a look at Old Navy’s brand new plus size collection, which they have just recently introduced in time for the Holiday season. We also had a look at 3 dressy and elegant plus size holiday outfits, all of which can be cooked up from top to bottom at Old Navy.
Since the festive season is not all just about parties and holiday do’s, today we thought of looking at 3 casual outfit ideas instead. These outfit works perfectly for work, to a coffee out with friends, or shopping around with mom.
Casual Look 1
- Rosette cardigan at $39.50
- Pleated satin top at $29.50
- Tummy-trimmer jeans at $25.00
- Chain-link leather hobo at $59.50
- Ankle-strap boots at $39.50
Grand total of: $193.00
Casual Look 2
- Cable-knit sweater at $34.50
- Denim pencil skirt at $32.50
- Color-block satin clutch at $16.50
Grand total of: $83.50
Casual Look 3:
- Belted wool-blend coat at $82.00
- Lattice charmeuse top at $34.50
- Flirt boot-cut jeans at $25.00
- Patent ribbon-trim Mary-Janes at $39.50
Grand total of: $181.00
Again, I want to stress that the accessories and shoes are just ideas. Be creative and incorporate the items you already have at home into your holiday plus size outfits. So just grab yourself a new top, coupled with a new pair of jeans perhaps, and then work with these new items the shoes and accessories you already have.
Keep in mind the colors of the items you already have to make sure that the new pieces you buy match and work together, to create a brand new and stylish figure flattering casual outfit.
As I announced earlier today, Torrid this weekend are running their fab 50% off clearance sale again, this time running through November 11th, 2008.
Of course I was browsing through the items to see what’s on sale, and within the dresses categories I found a good number of dresses, which are now available to purchase for less that $20! I’ve selected my favorite 10 below, most of which can work perfectly as a Holiday season dress, which you can wear at an upcoming function you might have.
So do check them out below. Remember the prices quoted below are the clearance sale prices, not the final 50% off clearance sale prices. So to view the discounted price (all under $20) click on the ‘Read More’ links to have a closer look at these gorgeous plus size dresses.