- Laundry Tips for Your Favorite T-ShirtPosted 136 days ago
- Close 2012 In Style With Kiyonna (And Save 50% On All Sale Items)Posted 161 days ago
- 100 Years of Women’s FashionPosted 172 days ago
- Fashion Ideas For The 9-5 WorkersPosted 173 days ago
- Confidence and Comfort Never Go Out of StylePosted 174 days ago
- Four Staples for Any WardrobePosted 175 days ago
- The Right Attire for Black-Tie Holiday EventsPosted 176 days ago
- What To Buy Your Husband This ChristmasPosted 177 days ago
- How to Wear Tights: Winter’s Hottest Fashion AccessoryPosted 207 days ago
- How To Choose A Winter CoatPosted 214 days ago
Perfect Plus Size Swimwear: How To Choose Your Style
Personal stylist Claire Wacey joined us in our Perfect Plus Size Swimwear Week today to share some tips on how to choose flattering plus size swimwear.
The really important things to keep in mind when choosing swimwear is your body shape: you need to dress your body shape correctly when choosing your swimsuit, in order to show off your best assets, and disguise any areas of your body you want to hide.
The first style Claire showcases is a halter neck swimsuit, which can also be worn as a normal strap style, as well as strapless. The intricate pattern this particular style has makes is perfect for plus size women, as it helps elongate the body, and helps disguise the tummy area.
The second style Claire displays is a gorgeous red halter neck style which give you lots of support for your bust, but also features ruching detail which helps again to elongate the body, making you look taller and leaner.
Another option is a swimsuit style which features ruching detail all along the tummy area – this again helps disguise a bigger tummy, but also flatters the thighs. It comes in another lovely vibrant color, and Claire definitely recommends going for fun bright colors when choosing your swimsuit for the Summer season.
As for bikinis, Claire suggest going for a style with a higher bottom part, such as the Capri High-Waisted Bikini by Monif C. The high waist gives you the necessary support, but also enables you to pull it down slightly when you’re lying down on your sunbed sunbathing. As for the top part, ensure the bikini top is underwired.
Catch Up With Perfect Plus Size Swimwear Week
If you haven’t seen our previous posts this week, then start catching up right away on all our plus size swimwear tips by checking out yesterday’s post where Karen Grace shows us how to rock a plus size bikini.
Pingback: Perfect Plus Size Swimwear: Where To Find Plus Size Swimsuits | Plus Size Clothing Scoop