- Laundry Tips for Your Favorite T-ShirtPosted 143 days ago
- Close 2012 In Style With Kiyonna (And Save 50% On All Sale Items)Posted 168 days ago
- 100 Years of Women’s FashionPosted 179 days ago
- Fashion Ideas For The 9-5 WorkersPosted 180 days ago
- Confidence and Comfort Never Go Out of StylePosted 181 days ago
- Four Staples for Any WardrobePosted 182 days ago
- The Right Attire for Black-Tie Holiday EventsPosted 183 days ago
- What To Buy Your Husband This ChristmasPosted 184 days ago
- How to Wear Tights: Winter’s Hottest Fashion AccessoryPosted 214 days ago
- How To Choose A Winter CoatPosted 221 days ago
4 Ways to Dress Up Boyfriend Jeans
Guest post by Suzanne Townsend
Orange leaves and falling temperatures mean one thing – it’s time to restore sweaters and wool trousers to their much deserved fashion places of prominence. But while I rejoice in comfort, I also mourn the loss of one of my favorite aspects of summer trends – feeling light and feminine. But why can’t fall fashion mean put together and chic AND comfortable? I’m on a quest to take my favorite fall weather item – boyfriend jeans – and dress them up in fun and flirty ways. After all, why should Hannah Montana be the only person who has the best of both worlds?
1. Wear His Jeans and Shirt – Just Not at The Same Time
I’m a huge fan of slouchy button down shirts, but not if they are paired with a slouchy pair of jeans. If you’re going to wear boyfriend jeans, you need to wear with it one of your girlfriend’s body hugging silk camisoles and bolero jacket and save your boyfriend’s shirt for your new pair of red skinny jeans.
2. Wear Darker Denim
Traditionally darker denim communicates a more put together look than light or distressed denim. Save your light washes for the weekend when king casual is in charge. During the week, keep dark shades of denim on the bottom but lighten up your look with a tailored rust colored blouse or a turquoise wrap shirt.
3. Color Block
With London and New York fashion week over, fashion insiders agree that color blocking is one of the trends for fall 2011. Color blocking is putting solid blocks of bold color together. With your dark wash boyfriend jeans try wearing a mustard colored tunic top, a burnt orange cropped jacket, and red flats.
4. Understand the Limitations
As much as I would love to wear my boyfriend jeans to the next board meeting, I know even paired with a chic color blocked sweater that all clothing has its limitations. Some days you’ll need to leave your boyfriend jeans at home but one those days be sure to hang out with the cousin of your boyfriend jeans – flare legged trouser jeans!
Suzanne is a blogging Seattlile with an affinity for fashion and a healthy obsession with skinny jeans. She loves helping others find their personal style and believes that every day is an opportunity to shine.