A long while back I started a new ‘series in the blog called Favorite Fatshionistas – within this series I planned to hold mini interviews with some of my very favorite curvy fashionistas, who I follow daily and who truly inspire me. The main motivation to start this series was to introduce you to new plus size bloggers who know how to rock their curves in their favorite fashions, and in doing so also inspire YOU to be comfortable with your own body, whatever shape or size it is, and encourage you to experiment with different styles.
Even though this series was officially launched in July of 2010 when I interviewed Devon of Fat Nurse, I must admit that life got very much in the way and unfortunately there weren’t any further updates. But I am pleased to announce that the series is back and I will be bringing you closer to my very favorite plus size bloggers in the coming weeks and months.
And we’re starting off this ‘Favorite Fatshionistas’ series revival today with a curvy girl I’m sure a lot of your have heard of, and one who is a true inspiration for me: none other than Jessica Kane the creator of SKORCH Magazine and blogger at Fatshion Chic. Without further ado, here’s a bit more about Jessica, who she is, and what she loves.
Tell us a bit about yourself: where are you from and what do you do?
I was born and raised in Southern Oregon in a town of about 1,200. I now live in the Portland OR metro area and work as the Marketing Manager of the Pollin Hotel Group – which includes three Portland airport hotels. On my off time (of which I have LITTLE!) I blog at www.fatshionchic.com, I am the owner/publisher of SKORCH www.skorchmag.com and do creative work through my firm KaneKreative.com.
How did you get into the fatshion blogging, and what is your main inspiration?
I have ALWAYS loved fashion, and my inspiration is every girl out there who needs help and has no clue. The everyday girl needing a tip or two. I love helping people and I want to inspire every woman to love her body, no matter what size, but we have to be the best versions of ourselves by taking care of our bodies and learning to embrace what God gave us!
What are your 3 most favorite plus size stores/designers, and why?
1) Torrid – if I was a store I would be a Torrid. LOL!
2) Lane Bryant – they have EVERYTHING else that Torrid doesn’t, with Cacique and the perfect trousers.
3) Old Navy – they have everything ELSE!! Casual, Chic and Cheap!
Pick 3 of your most favorite OOTDs – why are they your favorite?
1) Best Plus Size LBD Ever – I was feeling all sorts of sassy in this fabulous dress – my #1 LBD find~! Plus, a great hair day too!
2) Curvy Doesn’t Have to Mean Fat – this post really hit a cord with my readers and myself as well. I was SICK of the curvy = fat debate and really just wanted to keep it real. Big girls do and should work out too!
3) Dash of Sequins and a Pinch of Patent – this is really everything I am! Sequins, Patent Leather, YES PLEASE. Fun times!
5. What does being a stylish plus size lady mean to you?
It means dressing for your body and being classy.
6. Do you prefer chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry?
Go on, visit Jessica at Fatshion Chic today and make sure you subscribe to her blog!
Also, look out for more of interviews with my Favorite Fatshionistas coming your way soon. In the meantime though, are you a curvy fashion blogger, and would like to be featured in this series? I absolutely love discovering new plus size fashion blogs, so do get in touch with me today and let me know about your blog, for a chance to be included in the Favorite Fatshionistas series! You can easily get in touch by using this form here.
How fun!!!! I love this series!