During the entire month of April, Parkinson’s Awareness Month, Fashion to Figure (FTF) will support the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) through a variety of store efforts including: selling Team Fox bracelets, providing the opportunity to make direct donations in stores, and dedicating each Saturday during the month to a fundraising event for the MJFF. This Saturday April 9th, FTF will donate 10% of sales to the MJFF. On Saturday April 23rd, FTF will donate $1 for every new Facebook “like” and on Saturday April 30th, FTF will donate $1 for every Facebook “check-in” at any FTF location. The FTF team will also be joining the Parkinson’s Unity Walk in Central Park on Saturday April 16th.
“FTF is thrilled to support Parkinson’s Awareness Month, especially as this is a cause that has really hit home to us,” said FTF Co-Founder and CEO Michael Kaplan. Kaplan went on to say “My brother Nick and I founded FTF to build on our family’s over 100 years of work at the forefront of full fashion. When our Dad, who used to run our family’s full fashion retail chain, was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease 17 years ago, we were profoundly impacted. Our Grandmother also died with Parkinson’s. We are inspired by Michael J. Fox, who has been living with the disease for nearly 20 years – and by the Foundation he started, which is working urgently to fund research that will lead to new treatments and a cure. The Michael J. Fox Foundation’s aggressive scientific agenda has provided immense hope for patients like our Dad and millions of others living with Parkinson’s. We are so pleased to support such vital work.”
Team Fox bracelets will be available for purchase ($2 each) at all Fashion To Figure stores. Customers will also have the opportunity to make direct donations to the MJFF. For more information on FTF’s events including fundraising results, or on joining the FTF Team for the Parkinson’s Unity Walk on April 16th, please visit http://www.fashiontofigure.com/fights_parkinson.asp or send FTF an email to: .
- Saturday April 9, 2011 – FTF will donate 10% of all proceeds to the MJFF.
- Saturday April 16, 2011 – Join Team FTF at the Parkinson’s Unity Walk in Central Park.
- Saturday April 23, 2011 – FTF will donate $1 for every “like” we get on Facebook.
- Saturday April 30, 2011 – FTF will donate $1 for every Facebook “check-in” at an FTF store.
About The Michael J. Fox Foundation
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease through an aggressively funded research agenda and to ensuring the development of improved therapies for those living with Parkinson’s today.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Michael Kaplan, Founding Partner & CEO of Fashion To Figure Interviewed
- Fashion To Figure to Open in Cross County Center (Yonkers, NY)
- 1 Month Left for Fashion Bug Offers
- New store reviewed: Fashion To Figure
Get a FREE Copy of My Online Plus Size Shopping Manual
Subscribe to the Loving My Curves newsletter and get a bonus copy of my ebook "Online Plus Size Shopping Manual - How To Find Stylish Clothes in YOUR Size Quickly and Easily"! Sign up below...
* I hate spam as much as you do! Your information will not be shared with any third party.