- In Awe: The Thera Dress by IGIGIPosted 4 days ago
- Extra 50% OFF Sale Items at KiyonnaPosted 12 days ago
- Style and Shape: Things to Consider to When Picking Out Your Summer OutfitPosted 12 days ago
- The Battle of The Maxis (My Favorites from Avenue)Posted 13 days ago
- New Spring & Summer 2013 Styles from IGIGIPosted 15 days ago
- New Gabi Fresh for s4a CollectionPosted 18 days ago
- How to Bra Fit the Professional Way in Just 4 StepsPosted 20 days ago
- Tropical Paradise Curvy Outfit InspirationsPosted 21 days ago
- IGIGI Moving Sale (30% OFF!)Posted 23 days ago
- RSVP in Style with Kiyonna (Dresses at 20% OFF)Posted 23 days ago
Dress to Impress for Under $300 – Part 4
Suggestions from Christine Alt at Woman Within
“I think the recipe for stylish success is to find key fashion items and accessories that work well for your body type without breaking the bank,” says Christine Alt, spokesperson for Woman Within. “A great fit can make an outfit. Woman Within makes clothes and accessories for women who want to feel comfortable in her clothes, confident in herself and smart about the value she receives.” Read on for Christine’s personal recommendations, to put together a stylish outfit in little time and little budget.
The outfit below is an example of how you can look and feel great without spending a lot of money. All of the items can be found on Woman Within . So here is the Woman Within outfit that retails less than $300:
- Chelsea Studio mock-wrap matte Jersey Dress in Black and White print – Retails: $24.99-$29.99
- Step up Comfort “Dawn” open-toe sling in black – Details: $59.99
- Lattice Cuff Bracelet – Retails: $29.99
- 10K Gold Hoop Earrings – Retails: $89.99
Christine has also passed on some great tips to plus size women, for a more stylish appearance::
- Dresses are a must-have item this season. If the dress is too small at the hip area, it won’t fit properly. If the dress is too big, it will look more like a house coat and less like a fashion trend. Look for wrap and empire styles that flatter fuller figures and always try on a few sizes before purchasing.
- The right pair of jeans makes a big difference.Try on a lot of different styles. Boot-cut jeans are a good way to balance the hips as compared to the “slim” legged jeans. Invest in a pair with a waistband that sits on the waist.
- A slimming stretch-cotton button down shirt can take you from day to night in no time. For evening, add some extra accessories such as a bold necklace for added glamour.
- Cashmere-blended sweaters skim the body and are great year-round pieces that work for any occasion.
- A nice tunic top is perfect for going out. Pair with slim-fitting capri pants or jeans and some sandals for a stylish summer look.
- Animal prints are fashionable this season and a great way to update your wardrobe with some fun. Pair printed tops with solid pants such as white or black.
- Remember to always accessorize. Jewelry and accessories give an instant lift to an outfit without spending a lot of money.
>> Read the next section of this series, Dress to Impress for Under $300, which includes suggestions from fashion experts at IGIGI.
November 9, 2011 at 3:03 pm
I was wondering if there is anywhere I can still purchase the Chelsea Studio mock-wrap matte Jersey Dress in Black and White print – Retails: $24.99-$29.99. I love the way it fits and have a hard time finding something that looks flattering on a plus size woman.