SVOBODA have just added a brand new denim line to their online store, which includes a collection of curve hugging items. Besides, they have also added a preview of plus size jackets, tops and tees to come in the days ahead!
To celebrate the new denim offerings, all online orders at SVOBODAStyle.com will receive free ground shipping with the use of the discount code FREESHIP.
So spice up your wardrobe with new hues of brightly colored denim and cords. Remember that baggy boyfriend-style jeans are currently the rage in Hollywood, and SVOBODA have took it one step further by creating their boyfriend jean in Japanese Selvage Denim! Truly stylish.
SVOBODA have also added a Motorcycle Inspired Coated Denim collection, which features high tech fabric, as well as sporty stitch and hardware detailing. Besides, you can also find clean, high waisted, wide leg trousers that are slimming and flattering. Right what you need.
Recently SVOBODA have increased their tall inseams, so the newest products are now available with a 36″ inseam. They have also begun expanding their size range. As of Spring 2009, all items will be offered in missy sizes 2-14, as well as women’s sizes 10 – 24! As if all this news wasn’t exciting enough, SVOBODA now accepts PayPal.
It’s time to celebrate the holiday season and for many people this means a whirlwind of parties and social events. You want to look your best at these affairs which means knowing what to wear. Sometimes wearing the most trendy, eye catching outfit in your closet isn’t the best move. Here are holiday party fashion mistakes many women make:
1. Holiday Party Fashion Mistake: Overdressing
This is a very common fashion faux pas. Instead of being understatedly elegant, some women pull out all the stops for a party by wearing the most flamboyant outfit in their closet. You don’t want to look conspicuous by being the most overdressed person at the party. When in doubt, opt for a stylish black suit or a black or neutral shade of dress and keep some glitzy accessories in your pocketbook you can put on at a moment’s notice. It’s generally more tasteful to be a bit understated.
2. Holiday Party Fashion Mistake: Dressing uncomfortably
Some parties are going to active with lots of lively music and dancing. If you’re wearing six inch stiletto heels with a narrow pointed toe which you can barely walk in, you’re not going to be able to dance or enjoy the party. You may end up spending the evening on the sidelines nursing your aching feet. Of course you want to look stylish but opt for clothes and shoes that at least allow you to participate in the activities.
3. Holiday Party Fashion Mistake: Revealing too much skin
Particularly at an office or work related party, you don’t want to reveal your hidden assets. This is not the time to pull that bustier that’s been gathering dust in the back of your closet out to wear to your company party. Neither is it the time for your micro miniskirt with the fishnet stockings and six inch heels. You’ll attract more positive attention and draw more compliments if you’re tastefully clothed in more elegant party attire.
4. Holiday Party Fashion Mistake: Overplaying the glitz
Some women use a party as an excuse to pull out their sequined dresses and metallic pants. While a bit of glitter and glitz has its place, too much can be overwhelming. When you combine a glitzy outfit with large, shiny accessories and heavy party makeup, you can end up creating an impression you don’t want to make. Try the more tasteful approach of dressing simply and adding glitz with your accessory choices. A dramatic crystal necklace and eye catching earrings can add drama to even the simplest of dresses.
By choosing your holiday fashion attire appropriately, you’ll create a positive impression with your friends and coworkers and can still enjoy all of the fun holiday events.
Just when you thought fashion was getting predictable, along come the zippers to put some ‘teeth’ into it. And while we still love them to get in and out of our jeans and jackets, they may have gone a little too far… shoes? In front and back of dresses and skirts? Gimmicky and cute… yes.
What’s your take?
Last week we took a look at Old Navy’s brand new plus size collection, which they have just recently introduced in time for the Holiday season. We also had a look at 3 dressy and elegant plus size holiday outfits, all of which can be cooked up from top to bottom at Old Navy.
Since the festive season is not all just about parties and holiday do’s, today we thought of looking at 3 casual outfit ideas instead. These outfit works perfectly for work, to a coffee out with friends, or shopping around with mom.
Casual Look 1
- Rosette cardigan at $39.50
- Pleated satin top at $29.50
- Tummy-trimmer jeans at $25.00
- Chain-link leather hobo at $59.50
- Ankle-strap boots at $39.50
Grand total of: $193.00
Casual Look 2
- Cable-knit sweater at $34.50
- Denim pencil skirt at $32.50
- Color-block satin clutch at $16.50
Grand total of: $83.50
Casual Look 3:
- Belted wool-blend coat at $82.00
- Lattice charmeuse top at $34.50
- Flirt boot-cut jeans at $25.00
- Patent ribbon-trim Mary-Janes at $39.50
Grand total of: $181.00
Again, I want to stress that the accessories and shoes are just ideas. Be creative and incorporate the items you already have at home into your holiday plus size outfits. So just grab yourself a new top, coupled with a new pair of jeans perhaps, and then work with these new items the shoes and accessories you already have.
Keep in mind the colors of the items you already have to make sure that the new pieces you buy match and work together, to create a brand new and stylish figure flattering casual outfit.
IGIGI have been running a grand sale on their plus size basics and casual collection during the past few days. Many items have been discounted by up to 50%, making this sale and excellent opportunity for you to grab some quality plus size designer clothing at truly discounted prices.
This unique IGIGI sale ends tomrrow November 11th, so if you still have not checked it out do so right away!
This month we are looking at select plus size swimsuits which address particular ‘problem areas’ women often are faced with when choosing swimwear. Last weed we looked at specific plus size swimwear to go for, if your main concern is your hip area, and you want to take the attention off that problem area.
Today we are addressing those plus size women who have been very lucky with the bust area. Having a large bust may sometimes hinder you from easily finding the correct swimwear. The ideal swimsuit should have enough support for your back, and should of course fit very well so that you are neither over-emphasizing your bust, but of course not completely concealing it. So here are our top choices for plus size simwear perfect for large busted full figured women.
For one week only starting today, and ending Monday 17th November, you can get free express 3-day shipping on any order of $50 or more with coupon FREE3DAY at SwimsuitsForAll. For your holiday shopping, express shipping can definitely be helpful and put your mind at rest that your items arrive on time. So if you can get express shipping for free, all the better no?
WomenSuits.com, the specialist in women’s plus size suits, church suits and special occasion wear are currently running a special offer. You can save 10% on orders of $275 or more. Simply use coupon code WSSAVE10, which expires on November 16th, 2008.
This is a great opportunity to save on a brand new suit, especially if you have been thinking of grabbing yourself a brand new one in time for the holiday activities. Perhaps you have a special occasion coming up in the next few weeks? Then check out some suggestions below. Of course more is available at WomenSuits.com, and don’t forget that coupon code: WSSAVE10.
1. Suit (2679): Luxurious Women’s Suit by Donna Vinci Knit – Sparkling Royal blue 2pc set in cut and sew knit combined with rich velvet.
2. Suit (2476): Luxurious Women’s Suit by DVC Exclusive – Flared skirt in elegant back satin is printed in shades of green and gold. The jacket carries out the theme with its trim of metallic lace accented by sparkling sequins that complement the print.
3. Donna Vinci Women’s Black Denim Jean Suit: Luxurious Women’s Suit by Donna Vinci Jeans – They have taken a classic trench style jacket and dressed it up by adding some elaborate embroidery and accenting it with lots of sparkling rhinestones.
4. Suit (2525): Luxurious Women’s Suit by DVC Exclusive – 3 Pc. Set in black lace touched with silver Lurex. Jacket neckline is finished with a pleated organza ruffle and trimmed with a subtle mix of black sequins, beads and rhinestones. Jacket style lines are accented by insets of white satin.
5. Pant Suit (2479): Luxurious Women’s Suit by DVC Exclusive – Dramatic, couture-inspired jacket closes at the neck with an elaborate rosette of satin and brocade, centered by an elegant brooch of bead, rhinestones and enamel work. Dressy pants have side inset elastic waist for comfort and a satin tuxedo stripe down each leg.
6. 3pc. Suit (2488): Luxurious Women’s Suit by DVC Exclusive – Ropes and ropes of pearls accented by rhinestones create all the embellishment that is needed on this elegant jacket. A beautiful enamel and rhinestone buckle closes the front.
7. Fashionable Black Designer Suit (9708): Luxurious Women’s Suit by The Dorinda Clark Cole Collection – Layers of black metallic sequins trim the jacket neck, front edges and cuffs of this 3pc set. Jacket has 5 pleats across the back to give it a new looking ‘trapeze’ shape.