One of the leading UK plus size clothing stores, Evans, has just launched their brand new Winter 2008/2009 catalog, and there’s only one word to describe it, it rocks!
Be the first to view their gorgeous brand new collection of figure flattering tops, dresses, lingerie, as well as shoes. Check out the catalog online today.
By Sarah On September 6, 2008 No Comments
This week Evans has launched their Autumn 2008 collection, and ladies it is looking fab. From stylish daywear styles, to going out gorgeous pieces, you will find items within this collection that will enable you to do a major wardrobe rehaul, and transform yourself into a stylish diva.
Check out the Evans UK website to browse through this new collection. Items include:
- Fashionable daywear
- Smart daywear
- Special occasion clothing
- Versatile and soft touch knitwear
- City girl chic
- Gorgeous coats
- Casual weekend wear
- Jersey casual
- Lingerie and sleepwear (with bras in sizes 38-50, cups B-H)
- Wide fitting shoes (in sizes 4-10 - UK sizes)
A couple of special offers on knitwear are also running at Evans online:
- Buy 2 button detail jumpers and save £5
- Buy 2 V-neck jumpers for £20
By Sarah On November 7, 2007 2 Comments
The holiday season is a great time, which brings with it a lot of fun activities, get-togethers and parties. So it also brings with it a lot of outfit changes for all the different occasions one has to attend. Be it a Christmas office party, a family get-together or a festive cocktail party among friends, there is a lot going on during the holiday season, so it is essential for women to be well equipped to face the holiday season in style!
A lot of Christmas fashions are available for plus size women online, which can help them make a lasting impression during any holiday activity they attend!
But where to start? Which are the plus size clothing stores available online which carry a good selection of stylish plus size Christmas fashions and holiday dresses? What are the holiday fashions available online, especially for women located in the UK?
The answers you seek can be found very easily, here in this article, as we will be pointing you to the top 10 UK plus size clothing stores. Within these stores you will be able to find a great selections of clothes to wear during the Christmas season, styles perfect for both casual and formal events.
All of the stores listed in this article are either based in the UK, or also offering shipping in the UK (among other countries).
- Simply Be: A favorite among shoppers, this online stores offers a very wide variety of apparel in sizes 16 to 30. Whether you are looking for items to wear during the day, at the office or during the evening, Simply Be is truly a one stop ship for plus size women in the UK. They also carry the exclusive designs of Anna Scholz, a designer offering beautiful styles for flattering your curves.
- Evans: This name should be familiar with many of the curvy ladies in the UK. A very popular high street store name, it is also good to know that Evans offers the same great shopping experience online. I actually think it’s even better, because you can shop through everything right in the comfort of your home, with your mouse in one hand, and a cup of tea in the other! Evans offers some very stylish options for curvy ladies in the UK and with different styles actually being made available very frequently, this makes it a great place to go to to update your wardrobe for the holiday season.
- Curvety: A great resource for all curvy UK women, if you have never visited this online store, do so now and bookmark the page! Curvety is a great little gem; it is an online shopping emporium designed exclusively for women with a fuller figure who do not wish to compromise on style. Their range of plus size women’s clothing and lingerie features comfortable, chic and designer items, offering UK curvy women fashion that celebrate their curves.
- JD Williams: This is a fashion and footwear catalog that is dedicated to offering excellent value through low prices. A wide range of items are found here including clothing for all occasions, lingerie, accessories and footwear. JD Williams can save you a lot of time, as they provide a very wide range of items, all under one roof. Sounds good to me!
- Love ISIS: A collection of stunning, sensual and glamorous curvy fashions in sizes 14 to 28. Expect nothing less when visiting Love ISISI. Carrying items from designers such as Kiyonna and IGIGI, this great online store offers plus size women in the UK a great place to find some exquisite designer pieces. From glamorous dresses perfect for a New Year’s Eve celebration dinner, to chic outfits for an office party, make sure you visit and bookmark this store.
- Bosomy: UK based wholesaler of plus size clothing and lingerie, at Bosomy you will find greatly prices pieces perfect for both your casual and formal needs. Bosomy offers heavy discount on high street fashion clothing exclusively designed for curvy ladies.
- Spirito di Artigiano: Offering exclusive Italian fashions in sizes 14 to 30, Spirito is perfect for those ladies who love timeless classic styles and want to create a chic, sophisticated look. Sprito to Artigiano are passionate about sophisticated Italian fashion and work closely with key fashion houses in Italy to bring full figured women stylish, high quality clothes that are perfectly designed and shaped for curvy women in the UK.
- So Sienna: Specializing in fashionable plus size clothing for women sized 16 to 30, So Sienna carry items from various designers including: Missphit, Kiyonna, Anna Scholz, IGIGI, Monif C. and Z. Caravacci, among others. It is pretty rare to find a UK online store that carries clothing from such a great repertoire of designers, so do give So Sienna a look whilst shopping around. You will not be sorry.
- Curvy Diva: Another little online store which you might not be familiar with, but which is good to know about. Curvy Diva carry a number of varied items including casual and formal wear, lingerie and even swimwear.
- Cinnamon Fashions: A store dedicated providing good quality, continental fashion for stylish curvy women, for every occasion. Among the different brands you will find and Cinnamon Fashions, it’s good to mention the following: Mellimel, Chalou, Doris Streich, BS Casuals, Samm, Q’Neel and Kirsten Krog.
So if you are looking to create a special look this holiday season, and you are plus sized, there is no need to worry at all. With the vast selection of Christmas fashions available for full figured women online, shopping and finding what you need is a breeze. Even for curvy ladies living in the UK!
By Sarah On October 17, 2007 No Comments
Evans, the leading high street plus size clothing store in the UK (well in my opinion anyway), are currently having a grand sale online. They have slashed 20% off everything, though this is a limited offer, available only online and ends this coming Monday, 22nd October.
Great savings include:
- Up to GBP 18 off the Georgina Goodman range - a gorgeous collection of wide fitting footwear
- Up to GBP 16 off boots
- Up to GBP 14 off coats
Visit the Evans website today to find out more, and shop around.
By Sarah On June 4, 2007 No Comments
I was reading a very interesting article by Elizabeth McMeekin today which I had to share with you all. The first thing that struck me is that like me, Elizabeth thinks that sometimes it is just too confusing to get around all the sizes and numbers when shopping around. It is already quite a hurdle trying to find items to suit your body type, budget and taste. But you also have to make sure you get the size right, and understand what the size you are looking at really means. With different sizes in the US, Europe, the UK and beyond, it’s quite a lot of numbers to deal with and get used to!
Elizabeth continues to argue how, although clothing lines for the ‘real woman’ are popping up everywhere, places like the UK (and Europe as well in my opinion) are still lacking glamorous plus size icons real women can look up to. She mentions Nigella Lawson as being one of the few, though there is still a lot more progress to be made.
We are also introduced to Jacqui Kelly, a size 20 who being fed up with the women’s fashion options in store, decided to introduce her own plus size clothing line called Chesca which can be found in John Lewis and House of Fraser stores.
Stina Scott also recounts her experiences shopping for clothes. Like me she sometimes wears a size 16 or a size 20 (and anything else in between) depending on who is making and marking the clothes. Stina stresses how shopping for formal plus size clothing can be an utter nightmare. I understand Stina’s concerns, and at the same time is makes me wonder whether these plus size ladies have ever considered online shopping as a viable option for their fashion needs. Because when I hear people like Stina recounting such experiences, my initial reaction often is… “Oh poor ladies! If they only knew about the online plus size stores such as IGIGI, Kiyonna and Sydney’s Closet, which truly offer a viable shopping options to full figured women as they provide beautiful, quality formal attire and dresses. If only!”
Elizabeth concludes by giving plus size women, especially in the UK, 5 tips for a successful and satisfying shopping experience, including not limiting your search for dark colors only, being aware of fashion and trends and also making an impact with accessories and shoes.
I would definitely expand the list to 6 tips, and dare I say I would truly put my tip in the first spot as it would save full figured ladies lots of headaches, and make them find the items they needs:
Try shopping online! There is a multitude of online shopping stores specializing exclusively in plus size fashion, formal wear, swimwear and more. Take a look at the fabulous options these stores offer, before even attempting to hit the high streets for shopping!
By Sarah On March 21, 2007 No Comments
Curvety.com have a range of fabulous new tunic tops in all of this season’s hottest styles, and they start from just £24! Plus they have also added some essential bottoms including - leggings, linen and lace.
This week they will also be adding to their accessories range so look out for some stunning new handbags and purses that are not to be missed. Visit Curvety.com for further information.